Friday, May 2, 2014

The Pulling


I'm sitting here as I type, 'oil pulling'. I purposely took a teaspoon of coconut oil, stuck it in my mouth, and have sat here for the last 13 minutes swishing it around in my mouth. 

It feels weird....and big. It's getting bigger in my mouth.....or should I say, the one teaspoon of oil feels like it's about ten right now. 

Yes, yes...I can hear you. 

Why am I doing this? 

Well, it's one of those 'things'. You know, those 'things' you read about that reasonate with you and you feel like you need to try. Supposedly the health benefits of oil pulling are many but it's a pity the thought of sky diving didn't reasonate with me because that sounds far more exciting than this does. 

I have four minutes to go now.not that I'm counting, really. I like the taste of coconut, I can feel the liquid increasing in my mouth as all the studies said it would...so, you know, it's doing something...right? I will report back in a few weeks and tell you. Of course, this is providing I remember to do it every day...that might be the trick. 

We are back in the USA, back in our home, in our bed. I love travelling, I miss Australia already, but there's nothing better than my bed and my own space. I have been outside since the morning after we got back mowing the lawn, removing remnants of winter, making pallet gardens and getting ready to plant vegetables. It's how I am keeping myself awake and how I am trying to get my feet planted back in this ground. 

20 minutes is up. Time to spit out. 

XM

No comments:

Post a Comment